A Complete Guide to Aluminum Frames
Aluminum is undeniably one of the most predominantly used materials for door and window frames. This is mainly because of some superb features, including lightweight and durability characteristics.
Currently, aluminum frames are used as raw materials in many processing and production industries since they simplify production processes and product design, minimize mold quantities and methods, facilitate transportation and storage, and save materials.
Also, aluminum boasts a low thermal expansion coefficient meaning it doesn't sag or warp over time. However, despite the numerous benefits of aluminum frames, it is essential to understand what aluminum frames entail before you invest in new aluminum door and window frames.
Luckily, this article has got you covered. In this post, we will discuss everything you should know about aluminum frames to help you make a prudent decision when purchasing aluminum framing products.
Let’s get started.
What Are Aluminum Framing Systems?
Aluminum frames are modular systems crafted from standard extrusion of aluminum profiles. Ideally, aluminum frames comprise accessories used to create various products, including jigs and frames, among other industrial products.
Most aluminum framing systems mandate aluminum framing components shaped into unique aluminum profiles. Ideally, aluminum frames can be tailored with various building techniques while maintaining a modern, sleek appeal.
Moreover, you can install different forms of hardware without necessarily altering the distinct aluminum frames.
Aluminum frames can be divided into several categories, but the most common include tube frames that allow tight-fitting and alterations that help in airflow and moisture prevention. Also, thermally-modified aluminum framing enables the proper regulation within your building.
Typically, aluminum frames are primarily used with aluminum windows and doors, although they can also be integrated into wooden doors.
Suppose you are looking for quality aluminum frames. In that case, it is essential to carefully analyze supplier capacity and product specifications to get the product that suits your needs.
Specifications of Aluminum Frames
Several unique classifications and specifications define standard aluminum frames and their components. Ideally, the most important specifications that characterize these systems include weight, dimensions, tolerance, elasticity modulus, and treatment. Here are some unique specifications of aluminum frames:
● Superb Aluminum profile Thickness
● Product Weight – measured in pounds.
● Elasticity Modulus--the tendency to not deform under any stress.
● Treatment –delivers corrosion resistance.
● Nominal dimension(s)—Covers width, length, depth
● Tolerance –variation limits in any physical size outlined.
What Are the Common Applications of Aluminum Frames?
Aluminum is a superb choice for applications in structural components, mainly because of its unique durability, lightweight, and strength. Also, it can be customized to boast various special features like ventilation doors or holes with automatic latches.
However, the most common application of aluminum frames is the production of aluminum doors and windows. Ideally, aluminum framing allows you to craft virtually anything imaginable. Whether it be safety closures, tool racks, machine bases, perimeter guards, carts, display units, robot stands, or other items.
Various applications use aluminum frames. These systems are used in construction and building applications and utilize modular or standard framing. Standard building systems usually comprise drywall or sheetrock. In contrast, modular aluminum frames are prefabricated and contain aluminum framing studs to enhance the weight your wall can bear.
Alternatively, when it comes to material handling systems, these frames are used to create conveyors that move multiple industrial equipment and products. In other cases, aluminum framing systems incorporate modular aluminum frames to promote easy assembly.
Aluminum framing systems also apply modular aluminum frames to ease assembly in various glazing and window framing applications. Other aluminum frames are used to create automated linear and material handling systems. What's more, other aluminum frame system items are applied to develop IP or NEMA closures.
What are Aluminum Frames & Doors?
Aluminum door and window frames are a top choice for every modern homeowner. Not only are they durable, but they are also lightweight and affordable. Nonetheless, if you have yet to invest in such, the multiple options can be overwhelming to understand how they work. Luckily, we have everything covered. Here is what you should know about using aluminum frames in producing aluminum doors and windows.
Aluminum doors and windows are a rather attractive alternative to other construction materials like vinyl or wood concerning aesthetics and style. Nonetheless, multiple types of aluminum doors and windows are available for you to choose from, hence the need to understand everything about aluminum frame windows and doors.
Aluminum windows and doors are designed from extruded aluminum material sheets, usually rolled into tubes and bent into various shapes. These tubes are later welded together in multiple layers to craft the final product—aluminum doors and windows.
The aluminum door and window production process begins with flat metal sheets that are usually cold-rolled into tubes.
This happens through rolling over in a given direction. Ideally, this generates 'cold-drawn' tubing that is perfectly smooth on both sides and boasts minimal taper, as typical with standard pipes. These tubes are subsequently welded together using specialized equipment.
Aluminum window frames come in two distinctive styles: Anodized and Extruded. However, the primary difference between these window frames is that extruded aluminum incorporates aluminum alloys rolled into long tubes. In contrast, anodized aluminum coats the frame's outside rather than moving the metal into tubes.
From these two style options, there are various forms of aluminum window frames among them:
- Double-hungwindows –Comprise two sashes that slide down and up on tracks compared to simplelevers like single-hung windows. A double-hung window has more spacebetween its straps than the single-hung options and can be used in largerareas.
- Archedwindows –The process of arching your window top makes it appear relatively largerthan the standard flat-top design. These windows also offer extraventilation for the house and minimize noise.
- Slidingglass doors – There is also the option of sliding glass doors, apopular choice for its ability to be opened on either side. This means youneedn't climb over your windows when you leave or enter the house.Furthermore, you can also go for automatically locking sliding doors withintegrated standard locks.
Advantages of Aluminum Window & Door Frames
Aluminum material is prominently used in various industries, including builders and architects, because it is durable and lightweight. Aluminum door and window frames are also more energy effective than standard steel or wood since they need less energy to insulate and heat.
Typically, these aluminum door and window frames effectively increase your home's energy efficiency. Besides the comfort they offer, aluminum frames are also relatively lighter than standard wood, saving you considerable cooling and heating costs.
Lastly, unlike typical glass window frames, aluminum windows are robust and don't easily break. With this in mind, it is crucial to learn the several types of aluminum window and door frames to choose from, and here are some reasons why they are an advantageous option in the market. Here are some advantages of aluminum door and window frames:
● Affordability: Aluminum door and window frames are more advantageous than standard options because of their cost efficiency. Wooden window frames, for example, cost much more and mandate more care than aluminum frames. In comparison to aluminum material, plastic frames like uPVC are more cost-effective. Nonetheless, the later structures degrade quicker and are usually more costly than wood or aluminum.
● Durability & Strength: Aluminum windows and doors maintain their appearance and function across their lifespan courtesy of certified surface treatments. Furthermore, unlike most standard metals, aluminum frames are corrosion and rust-resistant. Aluminum gets firmer since it cools, whereas standard steel turns brittle. This implies that whatever the weather conditions, even frigid times, aluminum doors, curtain walling, and windows will mount up admirably. Aluminum frames offer a robust level of safety, hence a significantly better option.
● Design Flexibility: Finally, aluminum window frames can be designed to suit your particular needs and preferences without necessarily compromising their inherent strength courtesy of the unique aluminum processing procedures. Furthermore, you can customize it as per your needs with various glass coating, colors, and glass types.
● Attractive: One of the reasons aluminum windows and doors can be so appealing with a stunning smooth appearance is the use of powder coating. All you need is to soak aluminum in acid electrolyte baths and subsequently pass current across it for anodizing.
● Thermal Efficacy: The aluminum material's overall thermal performance has gradually improved, and it is now a remarkable insulator. You can minimize drafts and heat loss by combining them with standard double glazing when entering your home. Furthermore, aluminum door and window frames and proper glazing can significantly mitigate your monthly energy bills.
● Fireproof: Windows and doors need fireproofing as a proper measure for home and industry safety. If you want to safeguard your home from unnecessary damage in emergencies, you should install fireproof aluminum frames. These frames are waterproof, and you can install a reasonable window leading to your balcony garden, for instance, if you reside in rainy regions.
● Eco-Friendly: As you know, aluminum is a preferred material for numerous reasons, and eco-friendliness is a prominent one to consider. Ideally, aluminum has minimal environmental impact and is completely non-toxic and recyclable. A minimum amount of energy necessary to generate aluminum is utilized in the recycling process. Aluminum is a remarkably recyclable material without impacting quality. Many manufacturers use aluminum material that has been recycled—a factor that minimizes the energy amount necessary to generate the metal by a substantial amount.
It's an infinitely recyclable material with zero impact on quality. Most manufacturers use aluminum that has been recycled at least once, which reduces the amount of energy needed to produce the metal by a significant amount.
Why Are Aluminum Frames Commonly Used in Industrial Applications?
Choosing aluminum framing systems is an informed way to enjoy safety closures with enhanced support and quality. With this in mind, it is easy to see why manufacturers are shifting focus to using quality aluminum frames to produce specialized aluminum frame components. Here are some reasons why aluminum frames are popular for industrial production and applications.
Simplification of the aluminum frame design process
Using aluminum profile frames facilitates the creation of varied structural forms based on different customer needs. The use of aluminum profiles uses the block building principle, design simplification, production cycle shortening, and avoiding multiple disadvantages of complicated structures, many parts, and massive design workloads compared to standard steel structures.
Simplification of the aluminum production process
Industrial aluminum frame processing requires cutting, drilling, and bending, only necessitating simple processing and suitable assembly. This process helps avoid iridium gold structure multi-processing and significantly simplifies the overall production process.
Furthermore, it minimizes sheet metal labor intensity with several manual operations, facilitates automated production techniques usage, and enhances production efficacy.
Product weight reduction
When using aluminum frame components, the overall electronic instrument weight is minimized by approximately 60% compared to standard black metal sheet structures.
Aluminum frames reduce the number of processes and molds.
The average metal plate box needs approximately 40 mold pairs, with only 20 pairs necessary for standard aluminum profile frames. Here are some advantages of aluminum frame usage:
How Much Does A Standard Aluminum Frame Cost?
Standard aluminum frames integrate the lightweight characteristics of aluminum combined with a relatively lower cost than fiberglass or wood frames. Aluminum frames are significantly cheaper than vinyl and cost a substantially lower amount.
You can expect to pay around $500-800 for standard double-hung windows or $650-800 for standard casement aluminum window frames.
How to properly Maintain Aluminum Window Frames:
Aluminum window frames were formerly prone to rust. As expected, this persistent issue needed maintenance and vigilance from homeowners with aluminum windows. Although aluminum window frames are still somewhat prone to rusting, modern models are better at resisting decay since they are safeguarded and coated in the factory for corrosion prevention.
Nonetheless, as a homeowner, you should regularly monitor and maintain your window frames for rust signs. To safeguard the aluminum frames from corrosion and rust, scrub your frames thoroughly with a mild detergent and brush and apply silicone lubricants for the final touches.
Energy Efficiency of Aluminum Window Frames:
Aluminum window frames, unfortunately, are not among the most energy-effective models available. Nonetheless, this concern can be remedied by double-glazing your home windows. However, it might cost relatively more, although this move will significantly boost your home's energy efficiency.
A Great Supplier Choice for your aluminum frame windows and doors needs
One of the factors you need to consider when you are in the modeling, structural, or aluminum framing industry is the need to get the right aluminum frames. Aluminum frames have multiple uses across various sectors, so we at Weiye Aluminium have worked to guarantee you find the right aluminum frame and equipment for your needs.
Established over two decades ago, Weiye Guangdong Group is a reputable aluminum extrusion company with a robust sense of quality production and social responsibility. Our products serve various industries, including construction, sanitary ware, transportation electronics, home office, and custom home decoration. Besides our investment in top-grade aluminum frame production, we are dedicated to satisfying our client needs—hence the consistent production of stylish, high-quality, and safe aluminum frame products.
What's more, we are accustomed to diverse customer needs across various continents, hence our ability to produce customized aluminum frames based on your project's preferred type, configuration, and size. We guarantee low and realistic lead times to allow you to plan and execute tasks accordingly without disappointing our clients.
With our modern technologies and expert professionals in aluminum frame production, every project is manageable for Weiye. Give us a call or visit our website for more information.